I suggest you ...

Undo the new update. This was the best Quran app and now it's terrible

Please return it to the way it was. It used to be a natural reading experience because it resembled reading a real Quran. With the new update it's terrible.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ahmad Kareem shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • عيسى شريف commented  · 

عندما حمّلت التطبيق قبل سنتين، كان التطبيق الأفضل على الإطلاق للقرآن الكريم، فقد كان يتيح لي قراءة المصحف الشريف و أحد كتب التفسير في نفس الوقت و في نفس الصفحة، و كذلك تحميل عدة كتب تفسير و كذلك ترجمة للتفسير، كما كان يسمح باستماع تلاوة ٢٣ قارئًا و تحميل التلاوة للاستماع إليها بدون اتّصال بالإنترنت.
        الآن بعد تحديث النسخة الخامسة v.5.0 أصبح التطبيق أسوأ من كثير من التطبيقات الأخرى و صار يطلب اشتراكًا و إن كان زهيدًا إلّا أنّ غيره من التطبيقات توفّر إمكانيات تقارب إمكانيات هذا التطبيق و هي مجانية.

• Amir commented  · 

This new version is definitely a down grade. Plain and no color coding, no flip paging... very disappointed that this change happened and no notification or option

• saif commented  · 

الترقيات الاخيرة سيئة من جميع النواحي إلا ميزة النسخ الاحتياطي فهي لم تكن متوفرة سابقا
        المميزات التي تم حذفها من النسخة القديمة 5.3 والتي كانت أفضل بكثير هي: التفسير، التصفح العرضي، مشاهدة قائمة الملاحظات.

• Fahriar Ahmed commented  · 

Please go back to previous version or try to keep old features like change landscape / horizontal orientation
        Keep old Fonts which was soothing
        Word meaning crashes every time in new version
        Going back to same page
        Meaning pane and Arabic in same page , don't want toggle between meaning and Arabic that is annoying

• Yonis commented  · 

You distroyed my dream aplication. it was best app with horizontal view and page navigation just like real quran. i am going to find another app or write ita new one my self.can you please share the previous code for me? what a terreble change.

• Daniyal commented  · 

Previous update was excellent, but last is not good. There are empty fields on right and left, therefore it not seem like an original Quran

• Feroz Adam commented  · 

Bayan Qur'an was by far the best Qur'an app for me. Brilliant design, very well thought out and I could sense the sincerity!

The font is still the best ever it is even better in the new version - alhamdulillaah!

I have read the whole Mushaf in the new version and have just a few things to say!

I welcome the update after a long absence of updates, however I have the following features that I dearly miss:

The disappearance of landscape view is a huge blow. The landscape view was simply brilliant, smooth easy and aided a great qur'an reading experience

Also the landscape view on iPads with two pages was a great support for Hifz students. I would love to have them restored - please do this

I would also like the restoration of the long press to bookmark. The current way is too long winded and grossly frustrating.

Another annoying feature is the screen refreshes. Every time you return to the app, either from switching to a different app or by closing your phone the screen refreshes losing the position you were on the page. This may seem minor but is extremely frustrating. Imagine you were reading and receive a phone call, you would have to start the page again - annoying!

Double tapping the page resets your zoom settings - this is a disaster. Please stop this.

Just a few additions:

Please add a portrait reading of both the Arabic and English - like iQuran,however the user should be able to choose to have either English or Arabic at the top. This has a huge impact on helping to understand the qur'an

Please can you add Saheeh international English translation as wel as the MAS Abdul Harlem (The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0199535957/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zWqqzb83AKK0F)

With this this can be an amazing qur'an app - a leader bybfar

• Youssef Ezz commented  · 

The previous version was excellent.
        This new update is full of bugs and is not user friendly.
        I am sorry I bought the pro version.

• Nawf commented  · 

I rely alot on Bayan Quran especially for memorisation work and for my arabic lessons (i'rab & nahu) now after the update, it has bcome more difficult. I know alot of work has been put to design this new app, but should have changed the layout, should improve it by adding more features such as word such, tajweed colours, waqaf ibtida' & such instead of making a whole new interface which does not gives more benefit to the user than the prev app. Jazakumullahu Khayr

• Ayrat commented  · 

Please return
        Flipping to landscape regime for easy zooming ,
        Previous Arabic font and
        Sorting bookmarks by date

• DeetsAK commented  · 

I agree. As an Arabic student, i greatly appreciated the fact that I can click on a word and get its root, its definition and the i'rab. This was what greatly differentiated it from the other Quran app available. Now it looks like any other Quran app out there

Feedback and Knowledge Base